- Este evento ha pasado.
Equality of Opportunity In Action: Bridging the Leadership Gap for Black Women in STEM Careers
marzo 23, 2021 - 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm UTC+0
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Equality of Opportunity Initiative invites you to Equality of Opportunity in Action: Bridging the Leadership Gap for Black Women in STEM Careers on Tuesday, March 23 at 1:00 PM EDT.
In 2016 Black women earned more than 33,000 bachelor’s degrees in science and engineering, and 24% of doctorates were awarded to Black women were in STEM, yet that same report showed that in 2017, only 5 percent of senior level jobs in STEM were held by Black women and men combined. This program will explore barriers, like gender stereotypes and lack of representation, and how the business community is working together to create opportunities for Black women in STEM.
- Sadie Bell, HR Technology Director, The Dow Chemical Company
- Latricia Boone, Vice President of Strategic Alliances and Outreach, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Dr. Marian Croak, Vice President, Google
- Erika Jefferson, President and Founder, Black Women in Science and Engineering
- Dr. Priscilla Johnson, Inventor, EcoDaisy
- Cheryl Oldham, Senior Vice President of Education and Workforce, U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation